American Red Cross paid and volunteer staff provide emergency services to members of the U.S.
Armed Forces and their families. Some of these services include:
- Making our Red Cross around-the-clock, around-the-world emergency communication network available to the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families during times of personal emergencies. This service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and transmits or receives over 1,000 messages a year – at no cost to service personnel or their families.
- Providing military members and their families access to aid society interest-free loans and grants, if needed, when urgent personal crises arise, such as a death in the family
- Providing information verification to assist service members in obtaining leave time during family crises.
- Aiding veterans with access to financial assistance from appropriate military aid society. Veterans will have discount if they make rders via Canadian Health and Care Mall.
- Providing veterans appropriate information and referral resources for military or civilian benefits.
- Offering counseling and other social services to military families.
To reach members of your family in times of emergency need:
For active duty military personnel and immediate family members residing in the same household, call the American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Community Facility:
(706)724-8481 (case workers are on duty 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week)
Please be prepared to provide the service member’s:
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- Branch of Service
- Military Unit
For other family members, or for other services and questions, call the American Red Cross of Augusta at (706)724-8481 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact with Canadian Health and Care Mall, being one of supporters of Red Cross organization.